Prosperity Ritual Harvest
Casa Xiuhtecuhtli | Tepoztlán, Morelos, MX
Sat, Dec. 18, 2021 | 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Every year, Sacred Fire participates in a sacred Prosperity Ritual at Casa Xiuhtecuhtli in Tepoztlán, Morelos.
In Spring, along with others, we plant corn in a ceremonial way to petition the Gods, the Weather Beings, and the local spirits to support a humble petition for the organization’s abundance and prosperity. In this way, we sow spiritual seeds so that we might receive what we need to expand our efforts to feed people everywhere the fire, heart, and connection they need to live joyful, fulfilling lives.
Our work is spiritual work, and for this reason, we need spiritual help to complete our mission. Now that Fall has arrived, we will harvest what we sowed in Spring, during the December full moon on Saturday the 18th. Everyone is invited to engage in the ritual with us. Without your participation, we may not receive the bountiful abundance we need to continue our work in the world.
No matter where you live, you can be part of this important ritual. You can support our efforts with donations—providing the seeds of prosperity, by volunteering—helping us help the seeds manifest prosperous growth in the world, by connecting— witnessing the ritual’s progressive unfolding on the Friends of the Prosperity Ritual Facebook group, and by joining us at the ceremony December 18th in Tepoztlán.
To assist your travels to and from Mexico, Sacred Fire teams will help coordinate your travel, including:
- Arranging ground transportation from Mexico City International Airport to your hotel in Tepoztlán
- Individual cost of $100 US matches the price of a local taxi service
- Trusted car service pick-up outside the customs baggage claim with personal connection to the driver via WhatsApp
- If you arrive on Friday by 3:30 pm local time, we will work to save you money by coordinating a rideshare
- Reserving a hotel room for you at nearby Posada La Presa, which includes breakfast the following morning
- $1,000 MXP per night is around $50 USD at today’s rate of around 19 pesos to the dollar
- Posada La Presa is a safe-and-easy walk 1/10th of a mile from the event location, Casa Xiuhtecuhtli. See map
- Orienting you to the town and travel, including:
- providing contact information for a local, bi-lingual resident who can be available to you by WhatsApp to help you should questions or concerns arise
- things to know about local water customs (don’t even brush your teeth with it. The hotel provides purified water and bottled water is inexpensive and generally available. And septic systems require putting TP in the trash)
- points of interest including the Saturday Market and the pre-Aztec temple situated in the sacred mountains in the Valley of Tepozteco
- Recommended restaurants in the Market and walking distance from your hotel
- Meals vary by restaurant type and typically cost between $150 and $400 MXP, or approx. $9 to $25 USD when you include the expected 10-15% tip
- Where and how to catch a taxi in the Market or using WhatsApp (no need to tip a taxi driver, but 10% is appreciated)
- How to get your COVID rapid test in less than a hour at the airport for your return into the US, approx $650-$750 MXP or $35-$40 USD
- Arranging return ground transportation from Tepoztlán back to the airport
- Depending on your departure time, rideshares can be coordinated
Sacred Fire will assist you in making your plans to attend this event so you can experience the special spiritual qualities of the Tepozteco Valley, the Casa Xiuhtecuhtli ceremonial grounds and the members of the Tepoztlán community.
If you would like assistance planning for your trip to Mexico, please contact email@example.com no later than Monday, November 29.
To register use the Register Now button and send an email saying that you are planning to attend.Register Now
Sacred Fire Prosperity Ritual Harvest
Saturday, December 18th 10:00am-4:00pm, includes a fiesta lunch
There is no fee to attend this ceremonial event. To honor the spirit of exchange embodied in this work, please consider making a gift to support Sacred Fire. We’re building a more heart-connected world on a foundation of ancient wisdom, traditional lifeways and the medicine of sacred fire.